Photo taken from hoopsupplies
You may or may not know that hula hooping is one of my favorite pastimes…. and here are 5 reasons why you should check it out too!
1. It’s fun. Plain and simple. When I tell people that hooping is my favorite form of exercise I always seem to get a smile or a laugh. For most people, hula hoops bring back wonderful memories from childhood. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve had someone say “wow, I haven’t hula hooped in years.”
2. It’s a great workout. Exercise is really all about movement. Moving the body keeps your heart rate up and while it might not be the most common form, it is nonetheless still a form of exercise.
3. You can multitask while doing it. Whether you enjoy watching t.v., movies, or listening to music or a podcast…hooping allows you to get a workout while still indulging in the fun things you enjoy. It also gives you a great excuse to catch up on your favorite t.v. show.
4. It’s inexpensive. Compared to a gym membership or large workout equipment, the only cost involved is the hoop itself.
5. Your abs will thank you. Period.
I was first introduced to hooping by my college roommate but even years later I am still doing it. If you are interested in finding a great hoop I would recommend hoopsupplies.com which is where I purchased my own hoop. Happy hooping!